Wednesday 9 April 2014

Big Up Bloggers!

Fellow bloggers are what got me into baking. Well, back in to baking. I used to love baking when I was a child with my mum but soon fell out of love when I thought I couldn't do it - my bakes never came out as they should, buying sweets and baked goods seemed easier and tastier. - Now I disagree. When I happened to land on a baking blog when on the internet, I got excited. I spent hours reading about other people's adventures in the kitchen - and the love affair started.
My hands down favourite blog, which I have studied, tried and tested over the last year is Sweetapolita (http://sweetapolita.com/). Rosie - owner of Sweetapolita explores other bakers recipes, adapts them to her tastes and creates and whips up her own. I have Rosie to thank for everything I have learnt, about baking and about myself. I use a lot of Rosie's recipes as a base to my creations as she has many fantastic basic recipes when you unravel the mystical layer cakes she assembles. - Its all about trial and error.
Another blog I love to sit and trawl through is Bakerella (http://www.bakerella.com/) - I have explored many great recipe ideas from Bakerella.
I do tend to prefer American blogs as I just find them more inspiring and extravagant - never afraid to just try. Although I have sometimes had to make adaptations to recipes simply because ingredients differ in America and England.
I am desperate to invest in 'Home Baked Comfort' from Williams-Sonoma, however I am a little short on money after just moving house. Anyway, Bakerella mentions this book in one of the recipes she has published on her website from Michelle Gayer - owner of 'Salty Tart' bakery in Minnesota - (which I am determined to visit in the near future). This recipe is utterly fabulous - there is no other way to describe it, and I want to share it and tell the world (which I will, I promise) This is why the blogging has started...

No comments:

Post a Comment